Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Shoestring diet

I have struggled with wait since I was a child.  Always.  And about April, I decided I would make a change.


Sample Day:

Meal 1:   1/2 cup to 1 cup whole grain oats, cooked in a microwave or over the stove.  140 to 280 calories of fiber, protein, and satisfaction.  I add cinnamon and agave.  I like to have this at my desk about 9 am, which keeps me from snacking on the donuts in the staff room.    About 1/2 of the time, I use a yogurt over the top.

Snack 1:  Apple or Orange

Meal 2:  2 cups spinach, 1 cup cabbage.  I substitute other greens, but lettuce is worthless for me.   I feel hungry 10 minutes later.   Add a 1/2 cup to 1 cup mix of rice/beans, quinoa/beans, salt and pepper, or 2 eggs and 1 oz cheese or 1/2 cup cottage cheese. Warm food on cold spinach cabbage is nice, and you can add a tablespoon of oil/vinegar for flavor.


Snack 2:  Banana or orange

Meal 3:  Steamed veggies, usually with a mix of corn/green beans/whatever is on sale.  Spices.

Snack 3:  1 beer.


No comments:

Post a Comment